Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Cameroonian Journalist escapes South Africa’s Xenophobic attack....




Solomon Amabo, Cameroonian journalist based in Johannesburg, and former news presenter with Equinox TV is reported to have been attacked by armed South Africans, Friday 17 in uprisings to purge the country of foreigners they say are taking their jobs.

«I said my prayers and read Psalm 91, what my father in law always advised! I cheated death. Yes. It’s 10 pm. My house came under attack. “We are going to kill you. Open the door.’ Kwere kwere’ (foreigners). Bang, bang, my first iron door is shattered,” reads a statement on Amabo’s Facebook wall on Saturday.

“Why do you want to kill me? We can negotiate. We are brothers, we are Africans, I said, as I broke through my window. Bang, bang…the bloodhounds were on my trail,” adds the statement. With everyone on alert, the police were called in by neighbors, Amabo explains. “Before they could break the second iron door, I had broken the window and escaped to safety,” concludes the Facebook post.

It is estimated that over 1000 Cameroonian nationals reside in South Africa and most of them have been caught in the attacks targeting black Africans which reports say have claimed about seven lives since the violence escalated a week ago following declarations by a Zulu King that foreigners were dirtying the streets and taking up jobs meant for South Africans.....

Amabo's forced broken door
Amabo's forced broken door..



No comments:

Post a Comment